Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Dairy.
Dairy did me in first. More than shampoo or toothpaste or plastic-wrapped delicious bacon- half-n-half broke me. On day 9. I knew I was out of it at home; I stopped at Lambert's on my way and made a quick dash to the dairy section to get my fix ready for the morning coffee. There were three kinds of half-n-half available to me- one flavored for the Irish, one low fat (?) and one normal. All had little plastic side spouts for easy pour. Did I consider the high road and plan to drink my coffee black or with milk? Did I consider buying out and bringing a reusable cup to my local coffee roaster for an over priced but earth-friendly start to my morning? Did I consider stopping at Shaw's to see if they had an old school version where you have to gently massage cardboard just-so to get the dairy out of the container. Yes. I thought of all these things. And I promptly spent 2.99 on a little plastic spout that has haunted me since. Who am I with such weakness?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment