What IS enough?
Known:
3 cranky kids in the back of a station wagon.
One more Oreo will be..
72 degree in the swimming pool.
68 degrees inside.
Love. Most of the time.
0 unarmed kids shot by armed adults.
Two World Wars
Saturday afternoon chores followed by a warm homemade meal and college basketball on in the kinda background.
The penultimate thing I said in our last fight.
Unknown:
Is it enough to make lentil soup with old lentils to waste not want not? Is it enough to have my late mornings be reframed as self-care? Is it enough to check things off a list so that programs will run smoothly? Is it enough to pay my own bills, eat healthily and go to the gym? Is it enough to get literary allusions 80% of the time, even for books I haven't read? Is it enough to pray daily and sometimes with discipline? Is it enough to love and not be loved? Is it enough that I do my dishes every other day, almost? Is it enough to know all the good advice, down pat? Is it enough to write almost daily even when what I am saying is kinda meh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment